Business partnerships don’t have to end badly. K.L. Scott & Associates is proof. When Keith L. Scott started this process management consultancy, he wanted to do everything himself. Two years in, he found himself struggling to keep up with the pace. That’s when he decided to strategically partner, but he did his research first. In this episode, Keith shares how law firms inspired his business model, why he prefers a team of sub-contractors vs. employees, and how to profitably structure an operating agreement.
088: Partnering for Profit with Keith L. Scott
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: March 15, 2020
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It: a book by Michael Gerber
- Udemy.com: an online portal for classes. Learn more about accounting as the “language of small businesses” through this curated list of low-cost courses.
- Managing the Professional Service Firm: a book by David Maister.
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time: a book by Keith Ferrazzi.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant: a book by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne.