“When you call yourself the CEO, you have to make hard decisions.” This is how Forrest Tuff describes the revelation that led to him redefining what success is at his film production company. In this episode, he describes the two specific actions he took to reduce overhead that radically transformed his business model. Find out how this transformation also increased his company’s operating capacity as well as competitive advantage leading to greater agility, revenue and profitability.
040: Lowering Overhead and Increasing Revenue with Forrest Tuff
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: April 7, 2019
- SBA: the Small Business Administration offering free business counseling, access to business loans, and info to secure federal government contracts.
- SCORE: the Service Corps of Retired Executives offering free small business mentoring.
- Sales: Easily Sell Anything To Anyone & Achieve Sales Excellence In 7 Simple Steps (Sales, Sales Techniques, Sales Management, How To Sell, Charisma): a book by Steve Gold.
- Run Your Business Like a Fortune 100: 7 Principles for Boosting Profits: a book by Rosalie Lober, Ph.D.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant: a book by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne.