Amal Hassan is living proof of the tenacity required to build, grow, and scale a business. She started a contact center three different times only to be forced to shut down. The fourth time was the charm. Now, Outsource Global employs over 850 people with clients in the U.S., UK, and Japan. In this episode, Amal gives us a behind-the-scenes look at the quality control measures to select the best people, processes, and tools that sustain Africa’s top BPO provider.
138: How I Scaled Outsource Global into Africa’s Top BPO Provider featuring Amal Hassan
Location: Mabushi District, Abuja NIGERIA
Air Date: February 28, 2021
- 5 Smart Tips for Choosing a Viable Outsourcing Partner: an article by Outsource Global on Medium.com.
- Outsource Global Wins Award: an article from The Guardian profiling Outsource global’s receipt of the 2019 Service Exporting Company of the Year Award.
- Fortune – U.S. State of Dept. Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership: a public-private partnership that “…connects talented, emerging women leaders from all over the world with members of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Leaders for a three-week-long program.” The program equips the emerging leaders with business and leadership skills, opportunities to expand their networks, and inspiration to pay it forward in their own communities. Learn more in this fact sheet.
- Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity: a book by Kim Scott.
- Skype: a telecommunications phone and web-based app offering free voice and video calls along with screen-sharing and recording.
- The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook: A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal: a book by Ben Mezrich, which inspired The Social Network movie – both offering case studies into the founding and growth of Facebook.
- Hit Refresh: The Quest to Rediscover Microsoft’s Soul and Imagine a Better Future for Everyone Paperback: a book by Microsoft’s current CEO, Satya Nadella.
- Corporate Innovation in the Fifth Era: Lessons from Alphabet/Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Microsoft: a book by Matthew C. Le Merle and Alison Davis.
- Operational Excellence show – Leading Ladies Series: listen to what happens when Europe’s leading contact centre consultant, Marianne Rutz, interviews Amal, CEO of Africa’s leading contact centre, on Marianne’s podcast.
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Adeyemo
- Sponsor: Equilibria, Inc.
More About Guest, Amal Hassan:
Amal Hassan is a leading Nigerian technopreneur with diverse interests across different technology verticals. In 2003, her passion to unlock Nigeria’s developmental potentials led her to build a series of technology-related businesses to develop talents and create employment for young Nigerians.
In 2013, she founded Outsource Global. Under her leadership, it has emerged as the leading Nigerian contact center provider, servicing the international market and creating employment for over 850 people, 50% of which are women. These efforts transformed the company into a truly global BPO giant and, in the process, put Nigeria on the map for contact center business process outsourcing. The company received an award for Service Export Company Of The Year by Nigerian Export awards 2019.
Amal also sits on the boards of Parkway Projects, Health Station, and Bluetag Group. She is an Alumna of the Fortune-US Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Program. She was named a Nigerian Star by the Nigerian US Embassy.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc.. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu™ framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, Equilibria:
Equilibria, Inc. is a 15-year-old boutique operations management consulting firm. We build the business infrastructure necessary for fast-growing businesses to scale with less pain. With a range of services and products, entrepreneurs can get the operational support and resources they need on-demand.