When Kimberly Fennell graduated from college, she had trouble finding a full-time job. A chance reading of Entrepreneur magazine sparked the idea to start a business support company. 17 years later, her company continues to offer remote administrative services that support back-office operations. Her foresight has paid off, especially during the pandemic, as demand for converting offline activities to online grows. In this episode, she details the entire behind-the-scenes process for conducting remote events.
112: Planning & Conducting Remote Events with Kimberly Fennell
Location: Garnerville, NY USA
- 7 Tips To Turn Your Physical Event Into A Virtual Event: an article on Thinkific by Elise Asanias detailing the steps to convert offline events online. Includes links to specific courses and technologies.
- Business Rules for Women: an organization offering different digital masterclasses and conferences.
- How Business Rules for Women Pivoted to Virtual Using Socio’s Platform: an article describing the process and technology used by Business Rules for Women to convert their traditional in-person events to digital.
- Powered by Sage: website of a company offering “…event management and consulting and video development services to entrepreneurs of all sizes and empower our clients to launch breakthrough brands, produce profitable events, and build ongoing momentum for ongoing business success.”
- G-Suite: an “…integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps powered by Google AI. Includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Meet and more.”
- Click Funnels: a software tool with templates for building website and sales funnels that convert online visitors into customers.
- Facebook Live for Businesses: an application within Facebook that “…lets you livestream events, performances and gatherings on Facebook. Viewers can watch from a phone, computer or connected TV. Reactions, shares, comments, and other interactive features enable you to engage with your audience.”
- Software for Hosting Online Events with Screen Sharing Option:
- Yet Another Mail Merge: a software add-on for Google Gmail that streamlines the process for creating and distributing email campaigns.
- Email Marketing Tools that Now Offer Landing Pages:
Difference Between a Website and a Landing Page:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Sponsor: rVidi
More About Guest, Kimberly Fennell:
Kimberly Fennell has been behind the scenes “supporting the success” of entrepreneurs, small business owners, creative professionals, and organizations for almost 20 years. From project management and event support to consulting and administrative assistance, Kimberly has leveraged her administrative skills to assist a variety of companies including independent consultants, digital marketing companies, accounting firms and nonprofit organizations.
In 2003, Kimberly formed Entertainment Business Support (d/b/a EBS Administrative Services), a certified minority/woman-owned administrative support company that perfectly collides her passion for helping others and various business strengths. Fueled by another passion, her love for the arts, Kimberly also founded Biz Savvy Artist™ in 2013. Through Biz Savvy Artist™ she assists independent artists in various fields and creative professionals with the tools, resources, training, and support to start and grow their businesses.
Hailing from the suburbs of New York City, Kimberly is a graduate of Clark Atlanta University’s Mass Media Arts Department and entrepreneurship courses offered by the Women’s Economic Development Agency and Entrepreneur Development Network. She is a proud mompreneur with two children, whose hobbies encompass various aspects of the arts including dance, theater, music, and movies.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu™ framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35+ countries.
More About Sponsor, rVidi:
rVidi is the easy app that lets you communicate via video soundbites in your own time in a public or private group setting. Learn more and download for free at rVidi.com. Currently available for iOS; Android development coming soon!