Necessity is the mother of invention. It’s what led to the creation of Thinksmart Whiteboard. When Joseph Powell realized there wasn’t a software on the market to emulate a collaborative whiteboard session remotely, he developed one himself. Now, Thinksmart Whiteboard powers remote whiteboarding sessions across America in real-time. In this episode, Joseph gives a demo of the app to show its versatile use in brainstorming, ideation, tutoring, and more!
122: Let’s Brainstorm Remotely with Thinksmart Whiteboard featuring Joseph Powell
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: November 8, 2020
Watch the Video Version!
Want a Personal Consultation with Alicia? Sign up here.
- Thinksmart Whiteboard app: download the free or Pro version today!
- Ten Dollar Tutors: Joseph’s tutoring company that leverages the Thinksmart Whiteboard app to conduct
- Slack: a communication app ideal for remote teams that offers the ability to organize work updates by topic, private groups, and direct messaging.
- Screen Recorder: a free Google Chrome extension that records video from a camera or from your screen.
- MS Surface Pro: Microsoft’s suite of laptops with touchscreens making remote collaboration with the Thinksmart Whiteboard effortless. Ten Dollar Tutors offers grants to certain schools that need help purchasing the Surface book.
- Surface Pen: the writing utensil that makes it possible to draw and write on the Thinksmart Whiteboard. Also compatible with most PCs with a touchscreen.
- Zoom: software that offers audio and video recording of webinars, conference calls, presentations, meetings, and more. Also includes screen sharing for enhanced collaboration.
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked: a book by Adam Alter.
Learn more about the ThinkSmart Whiteboard app:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Sponsor: Equilibria, Inc.
More About Guest, Joseph Powell:
Joseph Powell is the creator of the ThinkSmart Whiteboard app. He’s also Founder & COO of Ten Dollar Tutors – a revolutionary “Uber for tutors” company based in Atlanta, GA. He is a Computer Information Technology expert and Business Analyst with over eleven years’ experience in Web Development, Database Design, and Application Development. He uses practical computer knowledge with in-depth development on business, internet, and computer applications as well as analyses. Though Joseph has attended both Harvard University and MIT, perhaps his best education has come from the school of hard knocks – lessons learned only through the application of idea-to-implementation of various technologies.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc.. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu™ framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, Equilibria, Inc.:
Equilibria, Inc. is a 15-year-old boutique operations management consulting firm. We build the business infrastructure necessary for fast-growing businesses to scale with less pain. With a range of services and products, entrepreneurs can get the operational support and resources they need on-demand.