At 14-years-old, Sebastian Flores is CEO of OctoGifts. What started as a unique handmade gift for his sweet-toothed friend, has now blossomed into a viable small business. Melanie Flores, his mom, lends her engineering and educator skills for operational support. But growing demand requires a more streamlined workflow. In this live consultation, you’ll learn the steps this mother-and-son team can use to improve their D-I-Y products’ kitting process.
121: Let’s Improve a Product Kitting Process with Sebastian & Melanie Flores
Special Guest: Sebastian & Melanie Flores, CEO & COO – Octogifts
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: November 1, 2020
Watch the Video Version!
Want a Personal Consultation with Alicia? Sign up here.
- Follow Octogifts Online: Facebook Instagram LinkedIn
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It: a book by Michael Gerber that explains why most entrepreneurs create glorified jobs for themselves rather than profitable ventures that can thrive without their daily presence.
- The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer: a book by Jeffrey K. Liker that, among other Lean principles, explains the Kanban system for inventory management.
- Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success: Alicia’s book on creating business infrastructure. Ch. 6 explains how to create a Service Delivery Blueprint like the one described in this episode.
- Example Service Delivery Blueprint:
- Producer & Host: Alicia Butler Pierre
- Podcast Editor: Olanrewaju Ade
- Video Editor: Gladys Jimenez
- Sponsor: Equilibria, Inc.
More About Guests, Sebastian & Melanie Flores:
OctoGifts spark joy and human connection through 3D cards and DIY kits that are fun to make, fun to give, and fun to keep. They are the brainchild of 14-year-old Sebastian Flores. In 5th grade, he designed a working candy dispenser birthday card for a friend who loved sweets. Since then he has commercialized his idea, recruited his mother, Melanie, as a business partner, expanded his product line to include a DIY kit, and won fans in 20+ states.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc.. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu™ framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 38+ countries.
More About Sponsor, rVidi:
rVidi is the easy app that lets you communicate via video soundbites in your own time in a public or private group setting. Learn more and download for free at rVidi.com. Currently available for iOS; Android development coming soon!