We did it – this is our 100th episode! And joining us to celebrate this milestone is Jared Easley, the co-founder of Podcast Movement. In this episode, Jared reveals how his military experiences and background in project management serve him in helping to build the world’s largest community of podcasters. He not only shares the behind-the-scenes operations of their annual conference, but we also talk about the history of podcasting, current trends, and what it all means for the future. Meanwhile, Alicia gives a heartfelt tribute to listeners and supporters.
100: Podcasting with Purpose featuring Jared Easley
Location: South Beach, FL USA
Air Date: June 7, 2020
- Follow Podcast Movement on Social Media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- PodMov: sign up and stay up-to-date with the latest podcasting trends and developments with Podcast Movement’s daily newsletter delivered straight to your inbox.
- Podcast Movement’s Annual Conference: always know when the next conference will take place here on this webpage.
- Podcast Academy: announced at the 2020 Podcast Movement Evolutions Conference in Feb. 2020, this new organization will be on par with the Grammys and Oscars with the purpose being to recognize outstanding creative achievement in the podcasting space. Membership officially opens on June 22, 2020.
- Starve the Doubts: Jared’s podcast, available on all major podcasting platforms.
- Podcasting Good to Great: How to Grow Your Audience Through Collaboration: Jared’s book with foreword by Mike Kim.
- Stop Chasing Influencers – The True Path to Building Your Business and Living Your Dreams: Jared’s book, co-authored by Kimanzi Constable.
- PheedLoop: event management software that makes organizing conferences, meetings, and tradeshows easy. The software “…powers everything from apps, registration, and live streaming, to floor plans, sponsors, badges, and virtual networking.”
- Slack: a communication app ideal for remote teams that offers the ability to organize work updates by topic, private groups, and direct messaging.
- Walkie-Talkies: equipment ideal for on-the-go team communications for setting up and troubleshoot live events.
- 2020 Podcast Stats and Facts: an article by Ross Winn for Podcast Insights that presents podcasting data in infographics and various other charts and diagrams. Bookmark this page to stay abreast of the latest podcasting stats.
How to Leverage a Podcast for Business Development (Alicia’s Presentation at the 2020 Podcast Evolutions Conference):
Check Out Alicia’s LinkedIn Post Displaying Our Show’s Podcasting Tools and its Data Flow:
More About Guest, Jared Easley:
Jared Easley is the Co-Founder of the Podcast Movement, Host of Starve the Doubts, and Author of the book: Podcasting Good to Great: How to Grow Your Audience Through Collaboration.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.