Marshall Freeman is the COO of the Atlanta Police Foundation (APF), a non-profit organization on a mission to make Atlanta America’s safest large city. In this episode, he details why the APF’s public-private partnership model enables them to pivot and act quickly leading to one of the lowest reported cases of COVID-19 for police officers. Discover what goes on behind-the-scenes as Marshall describes the crime prevention playbook and business infrastructure that serve as the cornerstone and foundation of the APF’s successes.
099: Pivoting Operations During a Pandemic with Marshall Freeman
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: May 31, 2020
- Operation Shield: one of the Atlanta Police Foundation’s (APF) 22 programs Marshall mentioned during the interview. It consists of a network of advanced technologies that create more efficient policing including the citywide network of surveillance cameras and license plate readers, predictive policing platforms, and criminal analytics software.
- Video Integration Center (VIC): a website describing the hub for Operation Shield. The cutting-edge VIC system allows existing video surveillance cameras owned by private business partners to be integrated and monitored in a centralized location.
- The Go-Giver: A Surprising Way of Getting More Than You Expect: a book by Bob Burg.
- It’s Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy: a book by Captain D. Michael Abrashoff.
- A Military Leadership Notebook: Principles into Practice: a book by Walter F. Ulmer.
- Axis Communications: website of the global company offering a suite of network security and surveillance products and services to both commercial and residential clients.
Watch this Video to Learn More About the APF’s Operation Shield:
More About Guest, Marshall Freeman:
Marshall Freeman serves as Chief Operating Officer for the Atlanta Police Foundation, the nationally renowned non-profit law enforcement advocacy, strategic planning, and research organization that supports public safety in Atlanta. He leads a team that manages programs and initiatives designed to prevent and decrease crime, enhance public safety infrastructure, increase police visibility, provide mid-career training to Atlanta Police Department officers, and test and acquire state-of-the-art technology for the south’s largest urban police force. For the previous 18 years, Marshall has managed large-scale events across the country and developed a strategy for many celebrity clients. Marshall is a proud graduate of Johnson & Wales University and a native of Detroit, Michigan.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu™ framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.