Dr. Terica Pearson spent her first year in business learning the ropes and getting key processes in place. By year four, she had a full staff of people to help scale her insurance agency. But after tracking their performance, she realized that productivity had actually declined and was negatively impacting the bottom line. In this episode, Terica details her decision to scale back the team she built and instead focus on more hands-on mentoring and training one agent at a time. She also shares her business growth revelations as her mindset shifted from employee to business owner.
085: Scaling Back Before Scaling Up with Dr. Terica Pearson
Special Guest: Dr. Terica Pearson, CEO – Pearson Consulting Group
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Air Date: February 23, 2020
- Complimentary Business Insurance Review: sign up for a free, comprehensive insurance review by Terica and her team. Find out if there are gaps in your coverage or if you’re over-insured in some areas.
- UPS Small Business Services: explore various services offered by UPS to launch or grow small businesses.
- Udemy.com: the world’s largest platform for online courses. Select from a variety of topics you’d like to learn more about.
- The E-Myth: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to do About It: a book by Michael Gerber.
- Entrepreneur Store: powered by Entrepreneur magazine, this online store is “Your one-stop shop for the latest technology, online courses and productivity tools to help your business and personal growth.”
Get Your Business Infrastructure Book!
Proud Member of the Podcast Academy