As you lead your company through growth spurts, you may realize that it’s time to “level up” your business infrastructure. But how you communicate the need to upgrade people, processes and tools is just as important as the upgrade itself. Change is difficult, even in a faster-paced small business environment, and you can unknowingly create more chaos if you deliver news about change improperly. Liz Kislik has spent the past 30 years helping leaders work through change in fast growth environments. In this episode, she dons her conflict resolution hat to share best practices in delivering difficult news. One of the tools she recommends might surprise you – it’s something you likely use everyday.
063: The One Thing You Need to Know About Delivering Difficult News – Liz Kislik
Location: Rockville Centre, NY USA
Air Date: September 15, 2019
- Managing Interpersonal Conversations: sign up for Liz’s free field guide when you visit her website – also includes access to her monthly Workplace Wisdom newsletter.
- How to Shift from Asking for Trust to Being Trustworthy: an insightful article by Liz where she explains that “…trust can only be given.”
- Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind/Body Medicine: a book by Deepak Chopra.
- Headspace: a meditation app that offers a free course on mindfulness.
- Ten Percent Happier: a meditation app that includes guided meditations and teachings.
- R.A.I.N. Technique for Working with Intense and Difficult Emotions: learn how clinical psychologist Tara Broch blends Western psychology with Eastern spiritual practices to teach mindfulness and compassion.
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself: a book by Christine Neff.
- Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk about power poses to exude confidence: