This Season 8 finale is different – it’s not Alicia Butler Pierre’s typical monologue. She’s joined by her 13-year-old goddaughter, Maegan Lane – a budding teen entrepreneur and COO of a clothing startup, Karma Collections. In this episode, Alicia answers questions submitted by listeners throughout the season, and, in the process, tells Maegan how it applies to her business. The result is answers that not only address the specific questions but show the applicability to any business regardless of industry. In a surprising twist, Maegan actually asks some impromptu questions, one of which admittedly has Alicia stumped!
103: Making the Case for Small Business Operations with Alicia Butler Pierre featuring Maegan Lane
Special Guest: Maegan Lane, Co-Founder & COO – Karma Collections
Location: Laurel, MS USA
Air Date: June 28, 2020
- Season 8: Being the COO: a guide to all 13 episodes from Season 8.
- Follow Karma Collections on Twitter.
- Follow Karma Collections on Instagram.
- In this episode, Alicia Answers the Following Questions From Listeners:
- Why are some companies eliminating the COO position?
- How is business infrastructure different from operations?
- How do you create a dashboard and what do you recommend putting on one?
- What is the difference between Lean and Six Sigma?
- Is it true that Lean Six Sigma doesn’t apply to every company?
- What’s the difference between growing and scaling a business?
- Contact Alicia for a personalized consultation about small business operations.
- 2019 Business Infrastructure Resources Guide: download this free compilation of over 300 resources (including books and software) to help streamline your business’ operations (shared on this podcast by our guests).
- Behind the Facade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success: Alicia’s how-to book where you can learn her framework for creating business infrastructure.
Watch Alicia Answer Alexandria Bolton’s Question About Home Office Setup:
More About Guest, Maegan Lane:
Maegan Lane is a budding teen entrepreneur well on her way to becoming an official influencer both on- and offline. She’s on a mission to make her mark on this world in a positive way starting with a girls’ empowerment group she created at her school. Maegan is the COO at Karma Collections – a clothing and accessories startup co-founded by her and her mother, Christie Caire. In true entrepreneur fashion, she’s juggling multiple priorities including a recent transition to home-schooling as the result of COVID-19. She’s an avid reader and excels in her STEM-related studies. In her spare time, Maegan enjoys learning new apps, video editing, investigative research, and playing basketball.
More About Host, Alicia Butler Pierre:
Alicia Butler Pierre is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. – a 15-year-old operations management consulting firm. Her career in operations began over 20 years ago while working in various chemical plants and oil refineries. She invented the Kasennu™ framework for business infrastructure and authored, Behind the Façade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success. It is the world’s first published book on business infrastructure for small businesses. Alicia hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast with a global audience across 35 countries.